Sunday, October 12, 2008

A Look Back On The Not Too Distant Past

I thought I would post some of the stuff that I've got on other blogs--cuz just like Staind says-"It's been awhile..."
I'm gonna start with--not a blog--but a letter-poem that I wrote to my friend Joy-- which is why I started writing on this blog in the first place--she was so amazed that I expressed myself in a poem--now The Cranberries are singing about "...like dying in the sun" and all that means is I didn't die--so I write.
My friend Joy Leftow is truly an amazing woman--she rescues animals of all types, mostly cats and humans who need them. She's the "Hello Dolly" of the Human/Cat Needy Society. I mean she is just a magnet for that type of stuff--she even does it on vacation. That's why I love her-- she is very natural and before you know it you're all matched up and relating to something that was only a persistent, unfed hunger of an undistinguishable dimension the size of the black hole that is as yet unidentified in your existence. Now Horace Silver is playing "Song For My Father" and that really is it --- the space I try to fill with all sorts of things-- so I write instead of die the little known death of disappearing right before my very eyes. .. and Guru is now singing about walkin'...."down the back streets" I love that man's voice.
Now before I go any further --I gotta listen to my twin Tupac (we be born on the same day 24 years apart) and Scarface rap they little hearts out on "Smile" -- R..I.P. home slice.






So here is the ORIGINAL version of my letter to Joy which she liked so much that she posted it on HER BLOG (Joy's Poetry Blog)--after she edited it of course. Like my twin Tupac said --- I ain't mad at cha, Joy! PEACE
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox
Saturday, September 27, 2008 10:56 p.m.
Dear Joy---

I just wanna know one thing-- do you ever speak into the telphone anymore
Or has that part of life become too much of a chore
Duly noted is the genius of your epitome's and metaphors
But jesus christ I wanna get back to the used to be's and gone befores
I know that isn't fair to your new found sense of discoveries and recoveries
But have a heart for us old farts who still live in our reveries and miseries
Some of us just want our friends to be a familiarity
Not a new design on a runway like a freaked out fashion week.
I want to be part of your joyous new discoveries
But its hard to imagine someone who remains such a mystery.
I've never even been introduced to the new man in your world
But every time I turn around I am forced to meet him in the words he's learned to twirl.
I'd like to meet him at a gathering meant for more than just you two
I feel so out of place meeting him through you
The world I live in is populated and free
The world you live in seemingly has no place for me...
... and I feel it everytime I get electronic, cybersonic word windfalls
Instead of incoming, on purposeful, personal phonecalls.


xoxooxoxoxoxxxoxoxooxoxoxoxoxooxooxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

If you'd like to listen to my musical choices--- http://www.playlist.com/niambi2020

No comments: